Monday 13 July 2009

At least the CofE are embracing non-religious ideas

Off-topic, but I couldn't help notice the madness spreading.

Can't fault them, the Church of England have taken a very public-sector approach to their problems;

We often hear the police complaining (quite rightly so) that there are ever fewer police on the beat, but ever more senior managers in ever more ludicrusly invented roles. The same thing is constantly reported from those in the NHS; never enough medical practicioners, but plenty of managers, managing... erm, well not managing an awful lot really.

I remember when I was in the RAF, after one particularly large round of cutbacks, they got rid of a lot of us flightline monkeys (the guys who actually service the jets and get them off the ground), and created a load of nice cushy Wing Commander posts - great! That'll do the trick!

I've not quite seen so much of this since I've had proper jobs, so I'm sure the private sector's nowhere near as bad for this kind of caper as those organisations funded by the taxpayer.

It will be interesting to see if the church start hiring consultants on £1000 a day.

(Don't even get me started on consultants...)

2 comments:

  1. At least we can content ourselves with the idea that the church is merely spending it's own money - not like the public services...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is that of course.

    I know churches as an organisiation don't pay tax, but what about the professional bible-bashers they employ; are they subject to income tax?

    ReplyDelete